Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yesterday's Walk


Yesterday I stopped and stood still a couple of times: once to admire a red cardinal skimming across the phone wires and another time to breathe in my connection to a glossy black crow cawing in a treetop.

My favorite Standing Still time yesterday, though, came when I stopped at a young tree whose buds were just about to break open. The last few days, everything has been closed up, and tight. No signs of anything. But yesterday, I could see the beginnings of green edging almost every tree. What a glorious site! And then to see a small tree up close that is getting close to bursting open.... a miracle. I cupped a cluster of buds in my hands and just breathed in that miracle.

And I wondered... what soul buds are striking forth their energy right now inside of ME? What is just waiting for the last stroke of sun to call forth their fullness of growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment