Monday, April 25, 2011

More Pausing at the Crossroads

So.... you are maybe wondering how I did with pausing at every choice point/cross roads yesterday. Ha! Of course I completely forgot after the walk with Suzy!

I did experience some yummy slow time in the morning and early afternoon... a lovely flow of time where I just did the next thing I felt like doing- computer... reading.... shower.... cleaned bedroom, shifted things on altar.... put things away.... wrote in journal......

And then last night after Easter dinner, I read on the front porch for an hour and then just SAT on the couch with Jeff and watched Sunday Morning and Amazing Race. Just sat. That is a big deal for me because usually I do computer work because it's a good time to get mindless tasks done...etc. But last night I slowed myself down enough to just sit. So that felt good.

I realize that it may take me a long while to program my brain to STOP and Stand Still several times a day when I am getting ready to switch activities. And that is perfectly OKAY. The neural pathways need to be grooved and grooved until they are a part of me, and I will be patient with myself until this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment