Thursday, April 21, 2011

How It Looks and Feels

This is how my day usually looks and feels:

got up fed the cats emptied litter box checked three email accounts answered emails ate gluten free bagel with almond butter walked dog took shower wrote a new web page


And here is how I WANT my morning to look and feel:

got up

fed the cats

emptied litter box

checked three email accounts answered emails

ate gluten free bagel with almond butter

walked dog

took shower

wrote a new web page



Do you see the difference?

The first one is rushed and everything is all jumbled together. It is hard to tell where one thing begins and the other ends. Which is exactly how it feels to be rushing through my life.

The second one has lots of white space (Standing Still, pausing) around each thing that I "did" and feels slower, easier, clearer to understand.

Well, that is how I want my life to be..... slower, clearer, easier to understand, with lots of white space in my mind around each thing that I "do."

Here's to another day of trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment