Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just Listen


I am on retreat for a few days at Rolling Ridge in Andover, MA. After I got settled in, I walked around the grounds and down to the lake. There was a bench right by the water and I sat there for several minutes.

Have been feeling inner urgings towards using this time here to LISTEN, just to listen. To listen within and listen to guidance from without, from the other side. And I am seeing that in order to listen, I need to be Standing Still. Or Sitting Still. Or some version of Inward Stillness.

I look at these next few days as a wider practice of Standing Still, a different version of it. Obviously, two full days is longer than 15 seconds. But I have been on personal retreats before that were even longer than this, but did not still myself inside to listen hardly at all.

So this is a new adventure for me, using this retreat time, this Time Away, to practice Standing Still in a different, more powerful way. I know that every day cannot be like this, and I accept this and I let go of the yearning for yet more and MORE of this stillness. All I do have is right now. Please, Spirit, allow me the luxury of enjoying these next two days moment by moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment