Friday, November 11, 2011

Progress Being Noted

Well, it's definitely not easy, remembering to pause before beginning a new activity. Mainly, I realize, because there are SO MANY new activities in an hour, much less in a day.

So far my day went like this:

Get up go to the bathroom feed the cats take a shower. PAUSE> This is me, taking a shower. Ahhh..... Put on makeup affix new butterfly pin to hat make 6 new ornaments. PAUSE> This is me sitting at my art table, creating something beautiful. Ahhhh... Go downstairs put on jacket grab purse and coupons get in car put car in gear drive out of driveway and down the street to the stop sign. PAUSE> This is me in my car, going to do errands. Ahhhhh....

You get the picture? I am just posting this here to show that I am not doing this perfectly, or even well, and 99% of the time I am not even pausing BEFORE the activity, but during it (because I am not remembering ahead of time). My mind is still programmed to go, go, go, mindlessly moving from this thing to that thing without even thinking about what I am doing.

My commitment here is to change this patterning, change this speed at which I "do" my life. Every time I stop and become aware of what I am doing, and take a breath, I am shot through with little sparks of joy. Ahhhh.... here I am, back in my body again, paying attention to what my eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing. All in all, a beautiful way to live a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment