Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pausing Before New Activities

As I am sensing new ways and directions that my life can move in now (see entry below), I am also sensing a need to slow down deliberately.

I have found that if I can remember to stop before beginning a new activity and breathe deeply, at least one time, and NAME what I am about to do, that this slows me down just a bit more, and enough to make a huge difference in my mindfulness and consciousness of what I am doing and how I am feeling and the ways that I am spending my time.

I only just started doing this a few days ago and I will admit that I am only able to do this about 20% of the time, but I feel SO good when I do do it, that it is my intention to continue this practice for always.

I will also admit that I did NOT take this pause before beginning this blog entry! I am just realizing this right now. So this blog will be a good motivator for me to pay more attention to the transitions from one activity to another as each day goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment